This position is mandatory/essential to school operations and is a 10-month position that follows the ENCSD school calendar.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Basic knowledge of child development.
- Working knowledge of the instructional programming being taught.
- Ability to manage small group activities.
- Ability to work with disabled youth.
- Ability to implement and/or develop lesson plans.
- Ability to establish rapport with students in the program and their families.
- Ability to assist the teacher in maintaining an environment favorable to learning.
Ability to communicate using American Sign Language or willingness to learn.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
High school or General Educational Development (GED) diploma and one year of experience working with students in an educational environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.