Food Service Assistant
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Provides accurate weight and measurements of food and properly uses utensils for serving portions.
- Maintains high standards of sanitation and personal cleanliness.
- Accurately provides basic math calculations.
- Supports the Dietary Team by reading, writing, interpreting and following oral and written instructions.
- Supports the Dietary Team by meeting productivity standards when completing job tasks. Effectively communicates with co-workers, supervisors, and staff.
- Performs moderately to heavy physical labor and remaining in a standing position for long periods of time monitoring the cooking of food.
- Supports the Dietary Team by recognizing problem situations, applying reasonable solutions and using good judgment.
- Demonstrates the accepted and established food handling, food storage, and sanitation techniques.
Prior work history in a school cafeteria and kitchen and knowledge of communicating with others who use American Sign Language.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Education and/or experience in food service that is directly related to the job and consistent with accepted practices of the trade.